How to Prepare
There is a printer friendly PDF version of these instructions listed in our Additional Resources section at the bottom of this page.
If you are diabetic, please call 559.325.5800 two (2) days prior to your exam.
Arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time to allow for registration.
Please make sure to bring all insurance card(s) and photo identification.
If provided by your physician, please bring your referral for your exam.
- Food and Drink
- Do not eat or drink any foods or fluids six (6) hours prior to your exam (including gum and mints).
- Medications are okay, except diabetic medications or prednisone.
- Wear warm clothing with no metal items (includes: bras with under-wire, jewelry, belts, and jeans with zippers or buttons). Sweat pants and top are almost always a safe bet.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- If you are pregnant/trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding please call our Scheduling Department at least three (3) days prior to your exam for additional instructions.
- If you are claustrophobic, please bring any and all medications that may help you relax.
- No exercise 24 hours prior to your exam.
- Low-Sugar Diet
- Begin following a low-sugar diet one day prior to your appointment. Please do not eat any of the following: fruits, sugars, syrups with sugars, or beverages containing sugar.
- Foods or beverages that contain artificial sweeteners like Splenda or NutraSweet are okay.
- Visitors and guests
- To protect from exposure to unnecessary radiation, pregnant women and children are not allowed to accompany you to the exam room.
Yes, it is fine to use a essay writing site for your academic projects. However, it is also fine to go out and get college paper the aid of an essay writing firm. A good academic writing company will deliver plagiarism- free, professional work.