How to Prepare
- Do not eat or drink after midnight on the night before your procedure.
- Most people can continue to take their prescribed medications.
- If you are a diabetic and take insulin, ask your doctor about modifying your insulin dose for the day of your procedure. If you are taking the oral anti-diabetic medicine Glucophage (Metformin), Plavix, findbride review or Lovenox, you may need to discontinue use for up to 48 hours following the procedure. findbride review or Lovenox, you may need to discontinue use for up to 48 hours following the procedure. Consult with your doctor about blood sugar control during this period.
- If you take a blood thinner such as Aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix, or Lovenox, you must tell your doctor so that it can be stopped. If you do not know if your medications are blood thinners, please consult your physician at least one https://bstincontri.it/ week prior to your exam.
- Please bring a list of your current medications and dosages on the day of your exam.
- Allergic reactions. If you are allergic to contrast (X-Ray dye) or iodine, let your doctor know as soon as possible. If possible, let the interventional radiologist know about your allergy a few days before your angiogram.
- Smoking. Do not smoke for at least 24 hours https://bstdating.de/ prior to your angiogram.