How to prepare
Preparations will vary depending on the kind of exam you are having performed:
For any ultrasound please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to your appointment for patient registration.
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight (or at least six hours prior to the exam).
- Medications may be taken with a small amount of water
- Abdomen and Pelvic Ultrasound (scheduled together)
- Nothing to eat at least six (6) hours prior to exam.
- Drink 32 ounces of clear fluid one hour prior to your exam.
- Please do not empty your bladder.
- OB (Pregnancy) or Pelvic Ultrasound
- Drink 32 ounces of clear fluid one (1) hour prior to your exam. Please do not empty your bladder as a full bladder is necessary for the exam
- OB (Pregnancy) Ultrasound-2nd Trimester Only
- Drink 24 ounces of clear fluid one (1) hour prior to your exam. Please do not empty your bladder as a full bladder is necessary for the exam.
- Renal (kidney) Ultrasound
- Drink 16 ounces of clear fluid prior to your exam. A full bladder is helpful, so if possible, please refrain from emptying your bladder.
The following ultrasound exams do not require any preparation:
- Venous Doppler (DVT)
When you purchase essays online, you are typically purchasing them by a company that possesses the rights to them. In general, a publisher will permit you to purchase one of their books but none of the essays. Why? As a academic journal ought to have unique content so as to be read by its members and contribute to the scholarly community. A company that essay writer owns the rights to some scholarly article or essay will sell it for much less than they would if they owned the rights to some brand new literary work.